I am a PhD student in the joint program between the Department of Statistics and Data Science and the Machine Learning Department at Carnegie Mellon University. My research interests lie in statistical methodology, machine learning in high-stakes decision settings, and fairness, accountability and transparency in machine learning.
I graduated with a Master of Science in Mathematics from the University of Freiburg in Germany in 2018. Before that, I obtained a Bachelor of Science in Economics (2017) and a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (2015) from the University of Freiburg.
- July 2020: I am presenting our paper 'Analyzing Student Strategies In Blended Courses Using Clickstream Data' at the Educational Data Mining conference 2020. A preprint can be found here, and a video of the presentation is also available.
- May 2020: CMU just awarded me the degree of Master of Science in Statistics.
- Feb 2020: I will be joining LinkedIn as a Fairness and Privacy Research Engineering Intern this summer.
- Feb 2020: My poster presentation won the best 3-minute student presentation award at AAAI. The poster can be found here.
- Dec 2019: I will be presenting a poster at AAAI-20 featuring joint work with Bernhard Kratzwald and Stefan Feuerriegel. A longer version of the paper can be found here.
Last updated: October 2020